Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
In Fiscal Year 2010, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) launched the Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation (CTAS) initiative, which combined most of the Department’s available Tribal government-specific grant programs under one solicitation. Our work at the Tribal Youth Resource Center is funded to provide support for CTAS in Purpose Areas 8 and 9. Learning about CTAS grants and other funding opportunities will provide you with access to information on all the support available for your Tribal initiatives in these areas of providing for current and future generations of your youth community.
The CTAS program gathers all the information needed to get you started with the grant process in one easy-to-use place. The program offers advantages when it comes to managing the application and receiving funding to support your community as efficiently as possible. Those advantages include:
- A consolidation of Tribal government-specific funding across many DOJ components, so you can see many funding opportunities and, based on the specific needs you have, you can request the funding that will best support those needs.
- The opportunity for Tribes and Tribal consortia to engage in comprehensive planning and be strategic in their request for funding. You can identify your needs and gaps in services that CTAS can address. In reviewing your application, the DOJ will have a better understanding of your Tribal government’s overall public safety and related needs.
- The application is straightforward, with only one budget worksheet and narrative form required, and only one complete and comprehensive application needing to be submitted.
- Applicants are welcome to call or email the DOJ Response Center with programmatic questions.
- This process leads to enhanced consistency in the DOJ application peer review system across all DOJ components, and the DOJ is better able to make award decisions to address Tribes’ needs on a more comprehensive basis.
Please visit the Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation FY2021 Fact Sheet to learn more.